To be eligible to be a lecturer one should hold at least a Master’s Degree in any of the relevant subjects with at least 55% marks in it. Higher qualifications are always preferred.
To become a lecturer at a university, you will need to pursue a degree in the subject you want to teach and complete a relevant master’s programme.
That said, being a uni lecturer in Malaysia isn’t all bad. The food is good, the pay is decent, and if you stay out of the politicking, you can have a peaceful life. Hello, I know what you mean about finding correct and ‘clear’ information about how to break into a University academic career.
- 1 How do I become a lecturer?
- 2 What level of education can I teach in Malaysia?
- 3 How long does it take to become a lecturer in Malaysia?
- 4 Are lecturers paid well in Malaysia?
- 5 What qualifications do you need to be a lecturer?
- 6 Can you be a lecturer with just a degree?
- 7 What qualifications do I need to teach in Malaysia?
- 8 How do I get certified to teach in Malaysia?
- 9 What qualification do I need to teach in university?
- 10 How many years does it take to become a lecturer?
- 11 What is the salary of a lecturer in Malaysia with a PhD?
- 12 What is the highest paying job in Malaysia?
- 13 How much is a lecturer paid in Malaysia?
- 14 Do I need a PhD to be a lecturer?
- 15 What’s the difference between lecturer and professor?
- 16 Is lecturer a good job?
How do I become a lecturer?
Earn a PhD to maximize your chances of becoming a lecturer. Although there are exceptions, most universities require their lecturers to have earned a Doctoral degree in their field of study. Having a PhD demonstrates your expertise in a subject matter and may also give you experience in both researching and teaching.
What level of education can I teach in Malaysia?
In Malaysia generally the rule is you can teach a level lower than the one you obtained, e.g. Master holder can teach Bachelor and under (foundation etc.), Doctorate holder can teach Master and under, etc. etc.
How long does it take to become a lecturer in Malaysia?
How long will I be studying in this programme?
|Foundation/Diploma||2 – 2.5 years|
|Bachelor’s Degree||3 years|
|Master’s Degree||1 – 2 years|
Are lecturers paid well in Malaysia?
A senior lecturer earns around RM6000 plus as his minimum monthly salary. An associate professor earns a few thousands more, and so on.
What qualifications do you need to be a lecturer?
You’ll need a good degree in a subject that’s relevant to what you want to lecture in. For almost all disciplines, you’ll also need a PhD in a related area. For more vocational courses you’ll usually need several years’ experience of working in the relevant field, as well as a degree or professional qualification.
Can you be a lecturer with just a degree?
To become a lecturer you will first qualify to join a university for your Bachelor’s degree hence you should have at least C+ as your average grade and good grades in the field you wish to major in. After completing your first degree pursue a masters and later Ph. D. These takes four, two and three years respectively.
What qualifications do I need to teach in Malaysia?
5 Ways You Can Become a Teacher in Malaysia
- 1) SPM > PISMP > SK.
- 2) SPM > Matriculation > Degree > SMK.
- 3) SPM > STPM > Degree > SMK.
- 4) SPM > Diploma > Degree > SMK.
- 5) SPM > Pre-U / Diploma > Degree > Teach for Malaysia > SK/SMK.
How do I get certified to teach in Malaysia?
General Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens and not more than 20 years old on 30 June 2021 (i.e. born on or after 30 June 2001).
- Applicants must be in good health and active in co-curricular activities.
- Applicants must have passed SPM with: a distinction (cemerlang) in any five subjects.
What qualification do I need to teach in university?
You’ll need a good degree pass, for example first class or upper second class, relevant to the subject you want to teach. You’ll also need to have completed a postgraduate master’s or PhD qualification, or be working towards one. It’s common to have had academic work published.
How many years does it take to become a lecturer?
It typically takes 7-9 years to become a lecturer, not including any time you spend building experience. It often takes 3-4 years to complete a bachelor’s degree programme, 1-2 years to complete a master’s degree programme and three years to earn your Ph. D.
What is the salary of a lecturer in Malaysia with a PhD?
For a lecturer with PhD, depending on the university you join, it is 4 to 6 thousand RM. From my experience at Multimedia University, the minimum salary per month for PhD holder is 4000 RM. This is the lecturer salary to start with. After some time you should get about 6000 RM.
What is the highest paying job in Malaysia?
Top 10 highest paying jobs in Malaysia
How much is a lecturer paid in Malaysia?
Lecturer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Area Salaries
|Help University Lecturer salaries – 11 salaries reported||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Area||MYR 4,500/mo|
|Methodist College Kuala Lumpur Lecturer salaries – 10 salaries reported||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Area||MYR 3,400/mo|
Do I need a PhD to be a lecturer?
The qualifications that you need are a good bachelor’s degree (2.1 or above), possibly a masters, and a PhD in the relevant field. Although you do not need a separate teaching qualification, you could be offered the opportunity to complete one while studying for your PhD or in the first year of working as a lecturer.
What’s the difference between lecturer and professor?
A lecturer refers to a post-secondary teacher who teaches in a college or university. They can teach both undergraduate and post-graduate students. Unlike professors, they do not need a Master’s or Ph.
Is lecturer a good job?
As a Lecturer, The job is comparatively relaxed however tough the subject you have to teach you can prepare for the class and do a wonderful job teaching it (All you need is a little passion).