- 1 What should I buy from Jakarta?
- 2 Is Indonesia good for shopping?
- 3 What should I wear in Jakarta?
- 4 How many malls are there in Jakarta?
- 5 How expensive is Jakarta?
- 6 Are things cheap in Indonesia?
- 7 What are Indonesian markets called?
- 8 How many malls are there in Indonesia?
- 9 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 10 What can you not bring to Indonesia?
- 11 Is Jakarta Good for tourists?
- 12 What is the biggest mall in Indonesia?
- 13 Which is the largest mall in the world?
- 14 Which is the biggest mall in Asia?
What should I buy from Jakarta?
10 Best Jakarta Souvenirs Your Family and Friends Will Love
- Batik Fabric. Image credit: Spacebird Designs.
- Local Wood Carvings. Image credit: Ashley Ringrose.
- Wayang Puppets. Image credit: Kevin Gessner.
- Gamelan Instruments. Image credit: Ninehouse.
- Batik Paintings.
- Kopi Luwak (Civet Coffee)
- Silver Crafts.
- Batik Coasters.
Is Indonesia good for shopping?
The extensive shopping opportunities in Indonesia are a good reason in itself to visit. Whether you are looking for furniture, fashion, antiques, art or jewellery, the archipelago is renowned for producing exquisitely crafted goods, many of which can be bought straight from the craftsman.
What should I wear in Jakarta?
Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day. For nicer restaurants, wear long pants; women, skirts or dresses. For clubs, dress to impress the door staff; those in shorts, trainers and flip flops will probably be turned away.
How many malls are there in Jakarta?
With over 170 malls, Jakarta is included on the list of the world’€™s biggest cities with many shopping centers.
How expensive is Jakarta?
Summary about cost of living in Jakarta, Indonesia: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 1,881$ (26,675,105Rp) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 545$ (7,728,811Rp) without rent. Jakarta is 58.10% less expensive than New York (without rent).
Are things cheap in Indonesia?
By western standards, Indonesia is an extremely cheap country to live or travel in. Indonesia foods and products are the least expensive but some Western items such as cheese and chocolate, are comparatively more expensive than in western countries.
What are Indonesian markets called?
A pasar malam is a street market in Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore that opens in the evening, usually in residential neighbourhoods.
How many malls are there in Indonesia?
Indonesia is a haven for shoppers and shopaholics with over 150 malls in the capital city itself.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What can you not bring to Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
Is Jakarta Good for tourists?
Jakarta is known to have some of the best city nightlife in Asia, and there is a great party atmosphere here. As most tourists head to other islands and cities throughout Indonesia, there are hardly any foreigners, and you will find Jakartans are very friendly and welcoming.
What is the biggest mall in Indonesia?
With over 500 shops spread throughout the seven levels and spanning 360,000sqm, Mal Taman Anggrek is undoubtedly considered as Jakarta’s (and even Indonesia’s) largest shopping mall.
Which is the largest mall in the world?
Dubai Mall – Dubai, United Arab Emirates At over 12 million square feet (equivalent to more than 50 soccer fields), the Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world based on total area.
Which is the biggest mall in Asia?
Review of Lulu International Mall Food Court. Asia’s biggest mall of covering around five lakh square feet space.