- 1 Where can I exchange currency in Indonesia?
- 2 Where is the best place to exchange cash?
- 3 Which bank is best for currency exchange?
- 4 Should I exchange money before I travel to Indonesia?
- 5 Is dollar used in Indonesia?
- 6 What currency do they use in Jakarta?
- 7 How do you exchange money?
- 8 Can you exchange money at the post office?
- 9 What day is the best to exchange money?
- 10 What do you need to exchange money at a bank?
- 11 Where can I change dollars to pesos?
- 12 Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
- 13 How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
- 14 What can you buy with 50000 Indonesian rupiah?
Where can I exchange currency in Indonesia?
You will find printed notes worth of IDR 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000, 50000 and 100000. Foreign Currency Exchange Centres in Bali
- Central Kuta Money Exchange.
- P.T Dirgahayu Valuta Prima.
- Cash X Change.
- PT Bali Maspintjinra.
- Exchange Centres at Airport.
Where is the best place to exchange cash?
Your bank or credit union is almost always the best place to exchange currency.
- Before your trip, exchange money at your bank or credit union.
- Once you’re abroad, use your financial institution’s ATMs, if possible.
- After you’re home, see if your bank or credit union will buy back the foreign currency.
Which bank is best for currency exchange?
Local banks and credit unions usually offer the best rates. Major banks, such as Chase or Bank of America, offer the added benefit of having ATMs overseas. Online bureaus or currency converters, such as Travelex, provide convenient foreign exchange services.
Should I exchange money before I travel to Indonesia?
We usually recommend waiting until you arrive in Bali to get your rupiah. Money changers in Bali can and will exchange all major currencies. In most cases there is no need to bring any other currency other than your own.
Is dollar used in Indonesia?
The US dollar is the most widely accepted foreign currency in Indonesia. Australian, British and Japanese currencies, as well as euros, are exchangeable only in the most touristed areas of Bali and Jakarta.
What currency do they use in Jakarta?
The official currency of Indonesia is the Rupiah (IDR).
How do you exchange money?
5 Cheap Ways to Exchange Currency
- Stop by Your Local Bank. Many banks and credit unions sell foreign currency.
- Visit an ATM.
- Consider Getting Traveler’s Checks.
- Buy Currency at Your Foreign Bank Branch.
- Order Currency Online.
Can you exchange money at the post office?
Unused currency can be exchanged for sterling at selected Post Office branches. You may need to produce your original Post Office receipt. Please click here to find your nearest branch.
What day is the best to exchange money?
Making currency exchanges later in the week can also lead to better rates. For those transferring pounds into foreign currencies, Friday was typically the best day, while Monday and Tuesday were generally the most expensive.
What do you need to exchange money at a bank?
What do you need to exchange money at a bank?
- Proof of I.D. and passport.
- Proof of travel, where applicable.
- Proof of residence, no older than three months.
- You do not need to have an account with a particular institution to exchange Forex in-branch.
Where can I change dollars to pesos?
The easiest way to exchange money from USD into Mexican pesos is at an international airport. However, not all international airports, especially if they’re small, have places to exchange currency. So check to see if the airport you’re departing from or arriving at in Mexico has a currency exchange available.
Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10-15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali.
How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
USD $75,000) ceiling on the total amount of foreign cash money an individual can bring into Indonesia. The new regulation of the country’s central bank (Bank Indonesia) only allows banks and licensed money changers to bring in foreign bank notes worth more than IDR 1 billion.
What can you buy with 50000 Indonesian rupiah?
50,000 will be enough to put food and drink on your table if you don’t mind dining in a humble local restaurant, or a cup of coffee and light bites if you prefer the cafe. The typical cost for a movie ticket in Indonesia starts from Rp 35,000, but to get a drink and popcorn with it you’d have to let go of another bill.