- 1 Is Jakarta worth visiting?
- 2 What is Jakarta known for?
- 3 Is Jakarta a safe place to visit?
- 4 How can I spend a day in Jakarta?
- 5 Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 6 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
- 7 What is the best time to visit Jakarta?
- 8 Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
- 9 Is Jakarta in Java island?
- 10 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 11 Is Indonesia safe for solo female Travellers?
- 12 Is Indonesia open to tourists?
- 13 Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
- 14 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 15 Can I visit Jakarta now?
Is Jakarta worth visiting?
Jakarta has a wonderful rich history and is full of old colonial Dutch buildings, museums, interesting streets selling antiques or gemstones, there is a great cathedral and the Istiqlal mosque is very impressive.
What is Jakarta known for?
Jakarta is known for
- History. Taman Fatahillah Jakarta’s original public square is surrounded by museums and whispers of the past.
- Museums. Museum Nasional Indonesia’s best museum tells the story of the nation’s diverse cultures.
Is Jakarta a safe place to visit?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
How can I spend a day in Jakarta?
- Eat breakfast in Kemang.
- Learn about Indonesia at the National Monument and National Museum.
- Eat lunch in Menteng.
- Visit Indonesia’s houses of worship.
- Explore Jakarta’s Chinatown.
- Visit Jakarta’s Old Town.
- Shop traditional-inspired products.
- Enjoy Jakarta’s nightlife.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
While you can wear shorts in Jakarta, you should also prepare yourself for a barrage of stares. My partner (male) wore shorts during our visit and no-one battered an eyelid. Overall, my experience in Jakarta wasn’t a comfortable one, especially in reference to the dress code for women.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
The Ancol beach is closest to the city and is the only one of Jakarta beaches that you can reach without a boat. The beach is actually pretty popular with city dwellers and tourists that visit the city as a weekend getaway. The beach has been partitioned into six different sections.
What is the best time to visit Jakarta?
Jakarta has a tropical climate and any time of year is fine for a visit, although floods can affect the city in the Wet season. The Dry season – between May and September – is the best time to visit Jakarta as temperatures are in the low 30°C (86°F) but crucially the humidity starts to drop in the city.
Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
#2 – Merdeka Square – A great place to visit in Jakarta if you’re travelling solo! Why it’s awesome: If you’re travelling solo and you want to make some friends in Jakarta, you’re bound to come across someone at Merdeka Square.
Is Jakarta in Java island?
listen)), officially the Special Capital Region of Jakarta (Indonesian: Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta), is the capital and largest city of Indonesia. It lies on the northwest coast of Java (the world’s most populous island). Jakarta is the centre of the economy, culture and politics of Indonesia.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia safe for solo female Travellers?
It’s generally safe to travel alone in Indonesia. In fact, many travelers have expressed their surprise that they feel safer than expected when exploring this country independently.
Is Indonesia open to tourists?
Jakarta (CNN) — Indonesia’s Bali and Riau Islands are reopening to visitors from 19 countries starting Thursday, according to the country’s Minister of Maritime Affairs and Investment, Luhut Binsar Panjaitan. He hoped that the implementation will boost Bali’s tourism-dependent economy.
Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,142.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
Can I visit Jakarta now?
Yes. All foreign visitors arriving in Indonesia are required to: have a negative COVID-19 PCR test obtained within 72-hours of their departure and present it to the Indonesian health authorities. Undertake a mandatory 5-day quarantine at designated facilities supervised by the Indonesian government. 6