- 1 What is Jakarta famous for?
- 2 Is Jakarta worth visiting?
- 3 Is Jakarta a safe place to visit?
- 4 Where do tourists stay in Jakarta?
- 5 Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
- 6 Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
- 7 Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 8 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
- 9 Is Bali close to Jakarta?
- 10 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 11 How far is Jakarta airport to city?
- 12 Is Indonesia safe for solo female Travellers?
- 13 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 14 Where do the rich live in Jakarta?
What is Jakarta famous for?
Jakarta Pusat or central Jakarta is where you can find the iconic landmarks such as Monas, The Merdeka Palace, The National Museum, Istiqlal Mosque, The Jakarta Cathedral, and Monumen Selamat Datang or the welcome monument widely renowned as Bunderan HI.
Is Jakarta worth visiting?
Jakarta has a wonderful rich history and is full of old colonial Dutch buildings, museums, interesting streets selling antiques or gemstones, there is a great cathedral and the Istiqlal mosque is very impressive.
Is Jakarta a safe place to visit?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
Where do tourists stay in Jakarta?
Famous neighborhoods in Jakarta that are well-known among tourists include: Sunda Kelapa: This is a historical port where traditional wooden schooners dock. Best Areas and Neighborhoods to stay in Jakarta
- Jalan Jaksa.
- Tanah Abang.
- CBD Business District.
- Old Town/Kota Tua.
Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,142.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
#2 – Merdeka Square – A great place to visit in Jakarta if you’re travelling solo! Why it’s awesome: If you’re travelling solo and you want to make some friends in Jakarta, you’re bound to come across someone at Merdeka Square.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
While you can wear shorts in Jakarta, you should also prepare yourself for a barrage of stares. My partner (male) wore shorts during our visit and no-one battered an eyelid. Overall, my experience in Jakarta wasn’t a comfortable one, especially in reference to the dress code for women.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
The Ancol beach is closest to the city and is the only one of Jakarta beaches that you can reach without a boat. The beach is actually pretty popular with city dwellers and tourists that visit the city as a weekend getaway. The beach has been partitioned into six different sections.
Is Bali close to Jakarta?
Bali is approximately 716 miles east of Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia. The small islands of Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan are located to the southeast between Bali and Lombok.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
How far is Jakarta airport to city?
The distance from Soekarno Hatta Airport to downtown is 28 kilometers and the travel time from Jakarta airport to city is around 40 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes by taxi depending on the traffic.
Is Indonesia safe for solo female Travellers?
It’s generally safe to travel alone in Indonesia. In fact, many travelers have expressed their surprise that they feel safer than expected when exploring this country independently.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
Where do the rich live in Jakarta?
Menteg represents one of the richest areas in Jakarta. It is known as home of Indonesia richest families, and Indonesian elite such as politicians and famous people. It is a very quiet and peaceful area with very large and expensive houses.