- 1 What is Jakarta famous for?
- 2 Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
- 3 How can I spend a day in Jakarta?
- 4 Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
- 5 Is Jakarta worth visiting?
- 6 Where can I pick up girls in Jakarta?
- 7 Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 8 Is Jakarta Indonesia safe?
- 9 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 10 Can I visit Jakarta now?
- 11 How do I get to Thousand Islands from Jakarta?
- 12 Which is the main airport in Jakarta?
- 13 What do you know about Jakarta?
What is Jakarta famous for?
Jakarta Pusat or central Jakarta is where you can find the iconic landmarks such as Monas, The Merdeka Palace, The National Museum, Istiqlal Mosque, The Jakarta Cathedral, and Monumen Selamat Datang or the welcome monument widely renowned as Bunderan HI.
Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
#2 – Merdeka Square – A great place to visit in Jakarta if you’re travelling solo! Why it’s awesome: If you’re travelling solo and you want to make some friends in Jakarta, you’re bound to come across someone at Merdeka Square.
How can I spend a day in Jakarta?
- Eat breakfast in Kemang.
- Learn about Indonesia at the National Monument and National Museum.
- Eat lunch in Menteng.
- Visit Indonesia’s houses of worship.
- Explore Jakarta’s Chinatown.
- Visit Jakarta’s Old Town.
- Shop traditional-inspired products.
- Enjoy Jakarta’s nightlife.
Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,142.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
Is Jakarta worth visiting?
Jakarta has a wonderful rich history and is full of old colonial Dutch buildings, museums, interesting streets selling antiques or gemstones, there is a great cathedral and the Istiqlal mosque is very impressive.
Where can I pick up girls in Jakarta?
Meet Jakarta Girls During The Day
- Grand Indonesia.
- Plaza Indonesia.
- Senayan City.
- Plaza Senayan.
- Pacific Place.
- Kota Kasablanca.
- Lotte Shopping Avenue.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
While you can wear shorts in Jakarta, you should also prepare yourself for a barrage of stares. My partner (male) wore shorts during our visit and no-one battered an eyelid. Overall, my experience in Jakarta wasn’t a comfortable one, especially in reference to the dress code for women.
Is Jakarta Indonesia safe?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
Can I visit Jakarta now?
Yes. All foreign visitors arriving in Indonesia are required to: have a negative COVID-19 PCR test obtained within 72-hours of their departure and present it to the Indonesian health authorities. Undertake a mandatory 5-day quarantine at designated facilities supervised by the Indonesian government. 6
How do I get to Thousand Islands from Jakarta?
There is no direct connection from Thousand Islands to Jakarta. However, you can take the travel to Pulau Untung Jawa, take the ferry to Kali Adem, take the drive to Pluit, then take the bus to Gatot Subroto LIPI.
Which is the main airport in Jakarta?
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is the main gateway to Jakarta, Indonesia. Hosting domestic, regional and international passenger and cargo services for over 25 airlines, the airport is a hub for airlines including Garuda Indonesia, Lion Air and Indonesia AirAsia.
What do you know about Jakarta?
Jakarta is the capital and largest city of Indonesia, located on the northwest of the island of Java. Jakarta is the country’s economic, cultural and political centre and the most populous city not only in Indonesia but in Southeast Asia as a whole.