- 1 Is Jakarta worth visiting?
- 2 What is Jakarta best known for?
- 3 Is it safe to walk around Jakarta?
- 4 Can I wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 5 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
- 6 What is Batavia now called?
- 7 Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
- 8 Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
- 9 Is Jakarta safe for tourists?
- 10 Is it safe to drink tap water in Jakarta?
- 11 How far is Jakarta airport to city?
- 12 Is Jakarta walkable?
- 13 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 14 Is Indonesia safe for solo female Travellers?
- 15 Is Bali cheaper than Jakarta?
Is Jakarta worth visiting?
Jakarta has a wonderful rich history and is full of old colonial Dutch buildings, museums, interesting streets selling antiques or gemstones, there is a great cathedral and the Istiqlal mosque is very impressive.
What is Jakarta best known for?
Jakarta is a city that is famous for its malls but the biggest of these is Taman Anggrek Mall in the west of the city. As well as retail outlets you will also find cafes and eateries all over the mall and it is well worth a trip to see some of Jakarta’s famous mall culture firsthand.
Is it safe to walk around Jakarta?
Jakarta is a huge city with several districts that have strong cultural value, but, unfortunately, many of the buildings are not well preserved. In general, as long as you exercise awareness and precaution, avoid walking alone at night and be wary of strangers you do not have to worry about your safety in Jakarta.
Can I wear shorts in Jakarta?
If visiting mosques, men should cover their legs and women their legs and arms. Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day. For nicer restaurants, wear long pants; women, skirts or dresses.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
The Ancol beach is closest to the city and is the only one of Jakarta beaches that you can reach without a boat. The beach is actually pretty popular with city dwellers and tourists that visit the city as a weekend getaway. The beach has been partitioned into six different sections.
What is Batavia now called?
The Dutch name Batavia remained the internationally recognized name until full Indonesian independence was achieved and Djakarta was officially proclaimed the national capital (and its present name recognized) on December 27, 1949. Pre-1949 map of southern Sumatra and western Java showing Jakarta as Batavia.
Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,142.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
#2 – Merdeka Square – A great place to visit in Jakarta if you’re travelling solo! Why it’s awesome: If you’re travelling solo and you want to make some friends in Jakarta, you’re bound to come across someone at Merdeka Square.
Is Jakarta safe for tourists?
Although some foreign embassies warn against travel to Indonesia, and especially Jakarta, overall there’s little risk for travelers. For such a huge city with obvious social problems, it is surprisingly safe. Exercise more caution after dark late at night in Glodok and Kota, where there are some seedy clubs and bars.
Is it safe to drink tap water in Jakarta?
The tap water in Jakarta, Indonesia, is not safe to drink. But other inhabitants do drink the tap water after boiling. Tap water in Indonesia is not suitable for direct drinking, including hotels tap. You can use water for washing and showers.
How far is Jakarta airport to city?
The distance from Soekarno Hatta Airport to downtown is 28 kilometers and the travel time from Jakarta airport to city is around 40 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes by taxi depending on the traffic.
Is Jakarta walkable?
Unsurprisingly, Jakarta ranks low. Walkability measures factors like access to green spaces, building density and transport connectivity – all factors in which Jakarta has made efforts to improve but is still lacking.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia safe for solo female Travellers?
It’s generally safe to travel alone in Indonesia. In fact, many travelers have expressed their surprise that they feel safer than expected when exploring this country independently.
Is Bali cheaper than Jakarta?
Cost of Living Comparison Between Jakarta and Bali You would need around 34,805,617.85Rp in Bali to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 35,000,000.00Rp in Jakarta (assuming you rent in both cities). Tell us some prices in Jakarta.