- 1 Is Jakarta worth visiting?
- 2 What is Jakarta best known for?
- 3 Is it safe to walk around Jakarta?
- 4 How many days do you need in Jakarta?
- 5 Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 6 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
- 7 Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
- 8 Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
- 9 Is Jakarta safe for tourists?
- 10 Is water in Jakarta safe to drink?
- 11 How far is Jakarta airport to city?
- 12 Is Indonesia safe at night?
- 13 How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
- 14 What is the best time to visit Jakarta?
- 15 What you should do in Jakarta?
Is Jakarta worth visiting?
Jakarta has a wonderful rich history and is full of old colonial Dutch buildings, museums, interesting streets selling antiques or gemstones, there is a great cathedral and the Istiqlal mosque is very impressive.
What is Jakarta best known for?
Jakarta is a city that is famous for its malls but the biggest of these is Taman Anggrek Mall in the west of the city. As well as retail outlets you will also find cafes and eateries all over the mall and it is well worth a trip to see some of Jakarta’s famous mall culture firsthand.
Is it safe to walk around Jakarta?
Jakarta is a huge city with several districts that have strong cultural value, but, unfortunately, many of the buildings are not well preserved. In general, as long as you exercise awareness and precaution, avoid walking alone at night and be wary of strangers you do not have to worry about your safety in Jakarta.
How many days do you need in Jakarta?
A: Jakarta though an interesting and complex city, it does not really take many days to explore what typically tourist would like to see. I would suggest generally 3-4 days to cover most of the interesting sights and things to do, while also give in time for commuting thanks to the traffic.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
While you can wear shorts in Jakarta, you should also prepare yourself for a barrage of stares. My partner (male) wore shorts during our visit and no-one battered an eyelid. Overall, my experience in Jakarta wasn’t a comfortable one, especially in reference to the dress code for women.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
The Ancol beach is closest to the city and is the only one of Jakarta beaches that you can reach without a boat. The beach is actually pretty popular with city dwellers and tourists that visit the city as a weekend getaway. The beach has been partitioned into six different sections.
Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
#2 – Merdeka Square – A great place to visit in Jakarta if you’re travelling solo! Why it’s awesome: If you’re travelling solo and you want to make some friends in Jakarta, you’re bound to come across someone at Merdeka Square.
Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,142.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
Is Jakarta safe for tourists?
Although some foreign embassies warn against travel to Indonesia, and especially Jakarta, overall there’s little risk for travelers. For such a huge city with obvious social problems, it is surprisingly safe. Exercise more caution after dark late at night in Glodok and Kota, where there are some seedy clubs and bars.
Is water in Jakarta safe to drink?
Both companies have struggled to provide clean water to homes due to pipe infrastructure and polluted water sources. Therefore tap water in Jakarta should always be filtered or boiled before consumption. Use a high quality water filter in Jakarta such as TAPP Ultra.
How far is Jakarta airport to city?
The distance from Soekarno Hatta Airport to downtown is 28 kilometers and the travel time from Jakarta airport to city is around 40 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes by taxi depending on the traffic.
Is Indonesia safe at night?
Indonesia is a very safe destination for female travelers however, traveling alone at night is not recommended. Avoid motorcycle taxis after dark. Do keep in mind that Indonesia is a Muslim country and dress conservatively when you are not at the beach.
How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
You should plan to spend around Rp736,641 ($52) per day on your vacation in Indonesia, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, Rp192,873 ($14) on meals for one day and Rp94,778 ($6.66) on local transportation.
What is the best time to visit Jakarta?
Jakarta has a tropical climate and any time of year is fine for a visit, although floods can affect the city in the Wet season. The Dry season – between May and September – is the best time to visit Jakarta as temperatures are in the low 30°C (86°F) but crucially the humidity starts to drop in the city.
What you should do in Jakarta?
8 Top-Rated Things to Do in Jakarta
- Visit the Museum Nasional.
- See Kites at Museum Layang-Layang.
- Relax at Merdeka Square.
- Shop ‘Til You Drop at Jakarta’s Mega Malls.
- Experience Contemporary Art at Museum MACAN.
- Take a Day Trip to the Thousand Islands.
- Learn About Jakarta’s History in the Old Town.