There are 4 ways to get from Jakarta to Komodo National Park by plane, ferry, bus or train
- Fly from Soekarno–Hatta (CGK) to Labuan Bajo (LBJ) CGK – LBJ.
- Take the ferry from Labuhanbajo to Komodo National Park.
- 1 How do you get to Komodo Island Indonesia?
- 2 Can you fly to Komodo Island?
- 3 How do I plan a trip to Komodo Island?
- 4 Is Komodo Island worth visiting?
- 5 Is it safe to go to Komodo Island?
- 6 Can I visit Komodo Island?
- 7 Is Komodo Island open to tourists?
- 8 How venomous is a Komodo dragon?
- 9 What should I wear to Komodo Island?
- 10 How far is Komodo from Bali?
- 11 How long is the ferry from Bali to Komodo Island?
- 12 Is Komodo closed?
- 13 Do I need a visa for Komodo Island?
- 14 Why is Komodo island closing?
- 15 Who lives on Komodo Island?
How do you get to Komodo Island Indonesia?
To get to Komodo Island is relatively easy. You first need to travel to Bali and then to Labuan Bajo by either plane or boat and finally to Komodo Island by boat. A couple of local airlines fly from Bali to Labuan Bajo on Flores Island.
Can you fly to Komodo Island?
The easiest way to access the Komodo Islands is by flying into Labuan Bajo on the island of Flores, and taking a boat tour from there. Because of flight schedules, though, you MUST arrive a day before your tour and stay a night in Labuan Bajo.
How do I plan a trip to Komodo Island?
11 Tips for Planning a Trip to Komodo Island
- Plan your route. Komodo Island is located in the lesser Sunda islands, east from Java and Bali.
- Choose the best time of year.
- Choose the right time of the month.
- Choose a tour.
- Pack the right clothes.
- Protection from the sun.
- Cameras ready.
- Gather your adventurous friends.
Is Komodo Island worth visiting?
The islands of Komodo are also a great place for tourists to enjoy the pink beach, as well as to go scuba diving! Don’t expect to have a photographic memory, so bring along your smartphone and take pictures of everything. Especially when the dragons of Komodo come out!
Is it safe to go to Komodo Island?
As of now, Komodo Island remains open to tourists.
Can I visit Komodo Island?
The island becomes very busy in July and August, but the shoulder seasons of April to June and September to November are ideal for balancing crowds and good weather. No matter when you visit, you should be able to see some Komodo dragons and the island is suitable for scuba diving year-round.
Is Komodo Island open to tourists?
After remaining closed for nearly six months owing to the coronavirus pandemic, the Komodo National Park (TNK) and Labuan Bajo have reopened to domestic tourists and expatriates living in Indonesia, albeit under several restrictions.
How venomous is a Komodo dragon?
Dispelling what one expert calls a scientific fairy tale, a new study shows that the fierce lizards ooze venom, not toxic bacteria, into bites to help weaken and ultimately kill their prey. Komodo dragons kill using a one-two punch of sharp teeth and a venomous bite, scientists have confirmed for the first time.
What should I wear to Komodo Island?
Clothes to pack for the Komodo Islands
- Swimsuit – of course you can’t forget a swimsuit!
- Swimsuit coverup – a few stops on the itinerary will include both hiking and some sort of water activity, so a multi-purpose cover up is a great way to go.
How far is Komodo from Bali?
Komodo Island is 200 nautical miles east of the island of Bali in the Indonesian archipelago. Along with the islands of Rinca and Padar, Komodo Island is part of Komodo National Park, a World Heritage Site that protects its famous residents, Komodo dragons, and their habitat.
How long is the ferry from Bali to Komodo Island?
Taking a ferry from Bali to Labuan Bajo may excite budget travelers to the area, but don’t get too excited just yet. Ferries serving this route usually take around 36 hours – though that does mean saving on accommodation for one night.
Is Komodo closed?
Rumors were spreading around Komodo Island closure in 2020. Now that it’s canceled, Komodo Island remains open for tourists. This is a good news for all the visitors.
Do I need a visa for Komodo Island?
To enter Indonesia, you are required to possess a passport valid for at least six months from the date of arrival and have proof of return or onward ticketing. Most tourists can obtain a free Visa on Arrival (VOA).
Why is Komodo island closing?
In July, authorities in East Nusa Tenggara province said that the island would be closed for one year from January 2020 to stop tourists interfering with the natural behaviour of the largest species of lizard on earth.
Who lives on Komodo Island?
The native population of Komodo, the Komodo people, has been extinct since the 1980s. The present day people of the island are descendants of former convicts who were exiled to Komodo and who have mixed with Bugis from Sulawesi.