- 1 How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
- 2 What is the most popular weekend destination from Jakarta?
- 3 What is Jakarta famous for?
- 4 Is Jakarta worth visiting?
- 5 Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
- 6 Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
- 7 What is short getaway?
- 8 What do you call a small trip?
- 9 Is Jakarta in India?
- 10 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 11 How many days should I spend in Jakarta?
- 12 What is the coldest month in Jakarta?
- 13 Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 14 What is Batavia now called?
- 15 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
For example, check out this list of things to do in Jakarta that will make your weekend extra special…
- Visit some furry pals at Ragunan Zoo.
- Take Altantis Water Adventure.
- Get that adrenaline pumping at Dunia Fantasi.
- Take insta worthy pics at Kota Tua.
- Educate yourself about Indonesia at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah.
What is the most popular weekend destination from Jakarta?
10 Best Short Escape You Can Discover Near Jakarta
- 1 | Macan Eco Resort, Thousand Island.
- 2 | Carita & Anyer Beaches, Banten.
- 3 | Botanical Garden, Bogor.
- 4 | Safari Zoo, Puncak.
- 5 | Teluk Kiluan, Lampung.
- 6 | Sri Baduga Fountain, Purwakarta.
- 7 | Gunung Padang, Cianjur.
- 8 | Geopark Ciletuh, Sukabumi.
What is Jakarta famous for?
Jakarta Pusat or central Jakarta is where you can find the iconic landmarks such as Monas, The Merdeka Palace, The National Museum, Istiqlal Mosque, The Jakarta Cathedral, and Monumen Selamat Datang or the welcome monument widely renowned as Bunderan HI.
Is Jakarta worth visiting?
Jakarta has a wonderful rich history and is full of old colonial Dutch buildings, museums, interesting streets selling antiques or gemstones, there is a great cathedral and the Istiqlal mosque is very impressive.
Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,142.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
#2 – Merdeka Square – A great place to visit in Jakarta if you’re travelling solo! Why it’s awesome: If you’re travelling solo and you want to make some friends in Jakarta, you’re bound to come across someone at Merdeka Square.
What is short getaway?
: a short vacation.: a place where people go for a short vacation.
What do you call a small trip?
1. Jaunt means: A short trip or excursion, usually for pleasure; an outing.
Is Jakarta in India?
listen)), officially the Special Capital Region of Jakarta (Indonesian: Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta), is the capital and largest city of Indonesia. Jakarta is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in Southeast Asia.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
How many days should I spend in Jakarta?
A: Jakarta though an interesting and complex city, it does not really take many days to explore what typically tourist would like to see. I would suggest generally 3-4 days to cover most of the interesting sights and things to do, while also give in time for commuting thanks to the traffic.
What is the coldest month in Jakarta?
On average, the temperatures are always high. A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the month of: January, February, March and December. The warmest month is September with an average maximum temperature of 31°C (87°F). The coldest month is July with an average maximum temperature of 28°C (82°F).
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
While you can wear shorts in Jakarta, you should also prepare yourself for a barrage of stares. My partner (male) wore shorts during our visit and no-one battered an eyelid. Overall, my experience in Jakarta wasn’t a comfortable one, especially in reference to the dress code for women.
What is Batavia now called?
The Dutch name Batavia remained the internationally recognized name until full Indonesian independence was achieved and Djakarta was officially proclaimed the national capital (and its present name recognized) on December 27, 1949. Pre-1949 map of southern Sumatra and western Java showing Jakarta as Batavia.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
The Ancol beach is closest to the city and is the only one of Jakarta beaches that you can reach without a boat. The beach is actually pretty popular with city dwellers and tourists that visit the city as a weekend getaway. The beach has been partitioned into six different sections.