13 best things to do in Jakarta after dark
- Sample some street food.
- Visit a 24-hour restaurant.
- Check out the bar scene.
- Dance the night away.
- Take in a live gig.
- Hit the shops.
- Snap a stunning rooftop photograph.
- 1 What is famous in Jakarta?
- 2 Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
- 3 How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
- 4 Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 5 Where can I pick up girls in Jakarta?
- 6 Is Jakarta worth visiting?
- 7 Is Jakarta Good for tourists?
- 8 Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
- 9 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 10 Can I visit Jakarta now?
- 11 Why is Jakarta important?
- 12 What is there to do in Jakarta on Saturday?
- 13 How do I get to Thousand Islands from Jakarta?
- 14 What do you know about Jakarta?
What is famous in Jakarta?
One of the main pastimes in Jakarta is shopping, and if you want to take advantage of this fully then head to the district of Menteng which is famous for its flea market. Here you will find a huge range of goods including arts and crafts, miles of textiles, and even food items.
Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,142.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
For example, check out this list of things to do in Jakarta that will make your weekend extra special…
- Visit some furry pals at Ragunan Zoo.
- Take Altantis Water Adventure.
- Get that adrenaline pumping at Dunia Fantasi.
- Take insta worthy pics at Kota Tua.
- Educate yourself about Indonesia at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
While you can wear shorts in Jakarta, you should also prepare yourself for a barrage of stares. My partner (male) wore shorts during our visit and no-one battered an eyelid. Overall, my experience in Jakarta wasn’t a comfortable one, especially in reference to the dress code for women.
Where can I pick up girls in Jakarta?
Meet Jakarta Girls During The Day
- Grand Indonesia.
- Plaza Indonesia.
- Senayan City.
- Plaza Senayan.
- Pacific Place.
- Kota Kasablanca.
- Lotte Shopping Avenue.
Is Jakarta worth visiting?
Jakarta has a wonderful rich history and is full of old colonial Dutch buildings, museums, interesting streets selling antiques or gemstones, there is a great cathedral and the Istiqlal mosque is very impressive.
Is Jakarta Good for tourists?
Jakarta is known to have some of the best city nightlife in Asia, and there is a great party atmosphere here. As most tourists head to other islands and cities throughout Indonesia, there are hardly any foreigners, and you will find Jakartans are very friendly and welcoming.
Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
#2 – Merdeka Square – A great place to visit in Jakarta if you’re travelling solo! Why it’s awesome: If you’re travelling solo and you want to make some friends in Jakarta, you’re bound to come across someone at Merdeka Square.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
Can I visit Jakarta now?
Yes. All foreign visitors arriving in Indonesia are required to: have a negative COVID-19 PCR test obtained within 72-hours of their departure and present it to the Indonesian health authorities. Undertake a mandatory 5-day quarantine at designated facilities supervised by the Indonesian government. 6
Why is Jakarta important?
Economically, Jakarta plays several roles. It can be identified first as the national capital and a central place of control for the national economy, then as an administrative centre in its own right, and as a significant industrial hub. In addition, its location as a port makes it an important centre for trade.
What is there to do in Jakarta on Saturday?
Here are our recommendations about the top 10 things to do in Jakarta on weekends.
- Kota Tua (Old Town Jakarta) Source: Google Maps.
- Ancol. Allianz Ecopark, Ancol Source: Google Maps.
- Dufan. Dunia Fantasi.
- Monumen Nasional.
- Double-decker Jakarta Tour Bus #JakartaExplorer.
- Museum Macan.
- Ragunan Zoo.
- Jakarta Mangrove Forest.
How do I get to Thousand Islands from Jakarta?
There is no direct connection from Thousand Islands to Jakarta. However, you can take the travel to Pulau Untung Jawa, take the ferry to Kali Adem, take the drive to Pluit, then take the bus to Gatot Subroto LIPI.
What do you know about Jakarta?
Jakarta is the capital and largest city of Indonesia, located on the northwest of the island of Java. Jakarta is the country’s economic, cultural and political centre and the most populous city not only in Indonesia but in Southeast Asia as a whole.