Here are our recommendations about the top 10 things to do in Jakarta on weekends.
- Kota Tua (Old Town Jakarta) Source: Google Maps.
- Ancol. Allianz Ecopark, Ancol Source: Google Maps.
- Dufan. Dunia Fantasi.
- Monumen Nasional.
- Double-decker Jakarta Tour Bus #JakartaExplorer.
- Museum Macan.
- Ragunan Zoo.
- Jakarta Mangrove Forest.
- 1 Can I wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 2 What is Jakarta known for?
- 3 Is Jakarta worth visiting?
- 4 How can I spend a day in Jakarta?
- 5 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 6 Is Indonesia safe for solo female Travellers?
- 7 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 8 What does Jakarta mean in English?
- 9 Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
- 10 What is Batavia now called?
- 11 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
- 12 How many days should I spend in Jakarta?
- 13 Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
- 14 Is Jakarta safe for tourists?
- 15 Can I visit Jakarta now?
Can I wear shorts in Jakarta?
Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day. For nicer restaurants, wear long pants; women, skirts or dresses.
What is Jakarta known for?
Jakarta is known for
- History. Taman Fatahillah Jakarta’s original public square is surrounded by museums and whispers of the past.
- Museums. Museum Nasional Indonesia’s best museum tells the story of the nation’s diverse cultures.
Is Jakarta worth visiting?
Jakarta has a wonderful rich history and is full of old colonial Dutch buildings, museums, interesting streets selling antiques or gemstones, there is a great cathedral and the Istiqlal mosque is very impressive.
How can I spend a day in Jakarta?
- Eat breakfast in Kemang.
- Learn about Indonesia at the National Monument and National Museum.
- Eat lunch in Menteng.
- Visit Indonesia’s houses of worship.
- Explore Jakarta’s Chinatown.
- Visit Jakarta’s Old Town.
- Shop traditional-inspired products.
- Enjoy Jakarta’s nightlife.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia safe for solo female Travellers?
It’s generally safe to travel alone in Indonesia. In fact, many travelers have expressed their surprise that they feel safer than expected when exploring this country independently.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
What does Jakarta mean in English?
Its name ‘Jakarta’ derives from the word Jayakarta (Devanagari: जयकर्त) which is ultimately derived from the Sanskrit जय jaya (victorious) and कृत krta (accomplished, acquired), thus Jayakarta translates as ‘ victorious deed ‘, ‘complete act’ or ‘complete victory’.
Where can I go alone in Jakarta?
#2 – Merdeka Square – A great place to visit in Jakarta if you’re travelling solo! Why it’s awesome: If you’re travelling solo and you want to make some friends in Jakarta, you’re bound to come across someone at Merdeka Square.
What is Batavia now called?
The Dutch name Batavia remained the internationally recognized name until full Indonesian independence was achieved and Djakarta was officially proclaimed the national capital (and its present name recognized) on December 27, 1949. Pre-1949 map of southern Sumatra and western Java showing Jakarta as Batavia.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
The Ancol beach is closest to the city and is the only one of Jakarta beaches that you can reach without a boat. The beach is actually pretty popular with city dwellers and tourists that visit the city as a weekend getaway. The beach has been partitioned into six different sections.
How many days should I spend in Jakarta?
A: Jakarta though an interesting and complex city, it does not really take many days to explore what typically tourist would like to see. I would suggest generally 3-4 days to cover most of the interesting sights and things to do, while also give in time for commuting thanks to the traffic.
Where can I go with friends in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,235. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,681. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,599. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,142.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,078.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
Is Jakarta safe for tourists?
Although some foreign embassies warn against travel to Indonesia, and especially Jakarta, overall there’s little risk for travelers. For such a huge city with obvious social problems, it is surprisingly safe. Exercise more caution after dark late at night in Glodok and Kota, where there are some seedy clubs and bars.
Can I visit Jakarta now?
Yes. All foreign visitors arriving in Indonesia are required to: have a negative COVID-19 PCR test obtained within 72-hours of their departure and present it to the Indonesian health authorities. Undertake a mandatory 5-day quarantine at designated facilities supervised by the Indonesian government. 6